Attorneys and Enrolled Agents for IRS or State Tax Issues

IRS enrolled agent logoAre you looking to talk to an attorney about taxes or an IRS issue? If you have an IRS or state tax issue, from taxes due to an audit to a bank levy, getting help from a licensed tax professional is a smart first step in defending your assets and income from the government. Taking on the IRS or state tax department is a bad “do it yourself” project, and penalties and interest can add up faster than a bad credit card.

Larson Tax Relief employs Enrolled Agents, who are licensed to represent taxpayers in front of the IRS as well as taxing authorities in all 50 states. Trust our Enrolled Agents, many of whom are also attorneys, to defend your rights AND ensure you don’t pay a penny more than you legally owe.

An Enrolled Agent (EA) is a federally-authorized tax practitioner who has technical expertise in the field of taxation and who is empowered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to represent taxpayers before all administrative levels—examination, collection, and appeals—of the Internal Revenue Service.

If you owe back taxes or will owe back taxes due to an audit or unfiled tax returns, we will create distance between you and the taxing authorities, giving you time to gather options and get back on track.

No problem too Big or Small

However complex or urgent your tax issue may be, our IRS experts will help. We’ve handled everything from a few thousand dollars in tax to several million dollars of complex business tax liabilities.

Why an Enrolled Agent can maximize a positive outcome with the IRS

The IRS’s tax code is notoriously complex. And the IRS is equally notorious for aggressive tax collections when they are not paid.

Common IRS Tax Types and Issues

We deal with a wide range of IRS tax types and situations:

  • Business taxes
  • Personal taxes
    • 1040 Personal Taxes
    • Social Security garnishments
    • Civil Penalties for Trust Fund
    • Unfiled Tax Returns
    • Sole prop and business-related taxes and filings
    • SFR – Substitution for Return (essentially the IRS files for you)
    • Seizure of IRS or state tax refunds
    • Tax lien issues
    • Conflicts with Revenue Officer

    IRS Tax Relief Options

    Because there are so many factors affecting your rights and options under the IRS tax code, it’s impossible to determine what strategy is best for you without a conversation with a tax relief specialist. However, the following is a list of potential options for resolving your tax issue. Keep in mind that we may decide to employ multiple strategies in concert, to ensure you do not pay more than you need to under that tax code and law.

    Installment Agreements:
    Most of our clients can’t pay all of their back taxes in the time frame that the IRS demands. We can negotiate terms that fit your budget.
    Offer in Compromise:
    Depending on your income and assets, a “Pennies on the Dollar” settlement may an option. The IRS is not known for giving gifts and doesn’t approve many OICs. That said, we have gotten many for our clients, with some savings in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    Partial Pay Installment Agreement:
    This can be viewed as a hybrid between an Installment Agreement and an Offer in Compromise.
    Currently Not Collectible Status:
    Many of our clients at present don’t have the funds for an installment arrangement, though their assets or income make an Offer in Compromise impossible. For these clients, we may pursue a “CNC” status.
    Corporate Shut Down:
    The closure of a corporate entity sometimes makes the most sense, saving you substantial amounts of money.
    Corporate Formation:
    Starting a new corporation with a new tax ID number, new identity, and a fresh start may make sense.

Call us today for a free evaluation

Don’t fall victim to the collection powers of the IRS and state collections division. We are experts in securing permanent financial protection from the government. Call us at 888-589-0955 for a free consultation. In a few minutes, we will help you to assess your options.

LFI form
How much are they claiming you owe?